Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Has Sprung. Ish.

It's been kind of a weird winter/spring combo. The winter in GA was REALLY mild-- I hardly wore anything more than a long sleeved shirt and jacket when going outside. Now, many of the plants are blooming and sprouting leaves at the same time, which is a tad unusual. The only tree that seems to know what's going on are the dogwoods. Anyhoo, some of the plants are so pretty, and the weather has been so nice, so yesterday I decided to take a few photos. Here they are.

Here are some pictures I took of the little red dogwood.



And a few of the texas roses we have growing. No, not real roses, but still very pretty.



A bebeh peach!


A close-up shot of blueberry flowers.


The Kwanzan flowering cherry. It has double blooms. One of my favourite ornamental flowering trees.



....and that's that. Sorry for the picture bombing; I'm going to go read up on the HTML for hiding posts soon.

-Cat

No comments: